No matter what your franchise’s specialty is, consumer public relations is a strategic way to promote your products or services to the people who will potentially purchase them. By circulating your news to the media, consumer PR offers your franchise a competitive advantage in your market. Top-tier media placements in regularly-read newspapers, widely viewed television shows and popular radio stations have the ability to grow your business exponentially by giving your product or service the platform it needs to stand out in a crowd of competitors to a large audience.
The benefits of consumer PR for growing franchise brands are vast and I list many, but let’s take a look at five significant benefits consumer PR can have on a budding franchise brand:
- Generates Awareness: Consumer PR serves to educate consumers on the products and services available to them. Earned media placements in general consumer news will raise your franchise’s visibility in a competitive market, thus allowing potential customers to recognize your brand name, your services or products and your business values. Awareness helps keep your franchise top of mind with buyers in your target audience.
- Establishes Trust: By clearly communicating your key messages in all public relations efforts, consumers begin to understand your brand’s identity, main values, what you offer and what sets you apart from the competition. An open dialogue between your brand and customers helps to establish a level of trust and polish a positive brand image.
- Provides Credibility: Since the media’s coverage is viewed by the audience as unbiased, having a newspaper or television reporter speak positively about your brand or his or her experience with your brand is viewed by the consumer as an authentic endorsement for your product or service. Consumers are more likely to see your brand as reliable when it is mentioned in the media compared to when they see a paid media advertisement.
- Creates “Buzz”: According to research, more than 92 percent of consumers trust recommendations from friends and family and anywhere from 20 to 50 percent of purchases are the result of a word-of-mouth suggestion. The more people see and hear about your product or service from people they trust, the more likely they are to buy it and in-turn mention to a friend.
- Offers Exposure: When I say exposure, I mean it in two senses of the word. Firstly, a consumer media placement is going to be seen by many people. Whether it’s a segment on TV or a mention in a trend story in a newspaper, a lot of people are going to read your brand name and learn about its products or services. Oftentimes, good stories are picked up by several publications multiplying the story’s viewership or circulation, and offering additional exposure for your franchise.
With advantages like these, consumer PR can assist in propelling franchise brands to the top of their industries. It is the not-so-secret sauce that helps your brand become a household name and builds consumer trust in your products or services, making them a sought-after purchase.